This 8 meter wooden lighthouse was the first in the prefecture, built in 1875.
The area near the lighthouse is the narrowest portion of Lake Biwa, and in years past had been the site of many nautical collisions, so the lighthouse was built to create safer conditions on the lake. The lighthouse was lit for what would have been the last time in 1951, but in 1973, locals began moving to restore the lighthouse, and put it back in commission.
|Address||1 Imakatata, Otsu City|
Take a bus to "Suehirocho" bus stop from JR Katata Station and walk 10 min
10 min from the Kosei Road Mano Interchange
Katata Station Tourist Information Center