Otsu-juku Honjin Remains
Otsu-juku (one of the stops of the Tokaido road which connected Kyoto to Edo [present-day Tokyo]) formerly resided in this area.
During the Genroku era (1688-1704), Otsu was one of the prominent towns along the Tokaido road, with a population of about 19,000.
※Honjin: An inn designated for use by a daimyo during the Edo period
5 min. by foot from JR 「Otsu Station」
5 min. from the Meishin Otsu Interchange